Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Urinal Animals


I think we can all agree that men are dogs. I mean, look at Tiger Woods. But another evidence that men are animals, is the puddles under and in front of the urinals I have to negotiate every time I use the bathroom. I think most of us have come to expect this type of foul mess at public restrooms, say at a highway rest stop, a football stadium, maybe an elementary school, but in a place of business where almost everyone involved holds an engineering degree and dresses in button-ups and slacks is surprising. Well, not really, I suppose. Taking the "wide stance" to avoid stepping in other peoples drippings is the norm. Don't even get me started on toilets in men's restrooms. That is a whole other rant that I may write. In the meantime, I will continue to "sidestep" this issue as long as men are animals at the urinal.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it isn't that men are like animals, but that the custodial staff should clean the bathroom more often, because frankly everyone has splashed or something similar to that extent before, now imagine 50 splashes a day... it can add up to be a mess...

March 17, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger PhilHall said...

Neah, I'm on board with the men are animals philosophy. It seems like if it isn't our responsibility to clean it, and no one is there to see us do it, we couldn't care less. I mean, when you have an accidental splash at home, do you just leave it there?!? No way - your wife knows exactly who can't keep it under control - you clean up after yourself! (At least I hope...)

May 17, 2010 at 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home